July 2009 - Utah Monthly Climate Update
Why was June of 2009 so unusually wet?
The July Climate Update features an explanation of why June of 2009 was considerably wetter than normal.
June of 2009 was not the wettest month on record but was notably unusual in the persistence of rain throughout most of the month. In this newsletter we explain the atypical meteorological events, some of which occur thousands of miles from Utah, that lead to the prolonged wet conditions.
- Home Return to the Utah Climate Center homepage.
- Climate Database Server Use a GIS interface to access climate data from COOP, GSOD and AWOS weather stations.
- Visualize Weather & Climate
- Plant Management Tools
- Utah AgWeather Net
- Water Rangers (CoCoRaHS UT)
- Climate Conversions Find tools for temperature, humidity, wind speed and other climate conversions.
- Freeze Dates, & Water Years