Help: Climate Related Conversions
As part of the site (http://climate.usurf.usu.edu/conversions.php), a page has been included to perform various conversions that might be useful while analyzing data. This page can be accessed via the "Conversions" link on the right sidebar. It is often useful to have a conversions page open separately from the data being analyzed. To open the conversions page separately, select a desired web browser and do one of the following:
- For Internet Explorer:
- Right Click on the "Conversions" link and choose "Open in New Window"
For Firefox (one of the following):
- Middle Click on the "Conversions" link to open it in a new tab
- Right Click on the "Conversions" link and choose "Open in New Window" or "Open in New Tab"
- Right Click on the "Conversions" link and choose "Open in New Page"
Conversions can be opened and closed through a conversions menu located on the left side of the screen. This menu can be expanded or collapsed by clicking on the plus and minus sign inside a small box next to each listed menu item.
Viewing Conversions. Conversions can be viewed by clicking on the conversions menu list located on the left side of the screen. Each listed item is linked to a conversion box, which will appear on the right side of the screen when a link is selected.
Rearranging Conversion Boxes. Conversion boxes can be rearranged by placing the cursor anywhere inside the box, pressing and holding the left mouse button, and dragging it above or below another conversion box.
Equations Option. At the bottom of each conversion box is a link that will show or hide information for an equation. Simply click on the link that will expand or collapse information for a particular equation.
A Note about Cookies
- Home Return to the Utah Climate Center homepage.
- Climate Database Server Use a GIS interface to access climate data from COOP, GSOD and AWOS weather stations.
- Visualize Weather & Climate
- Plant Management Tools
- Utah AgWeather Net
- Water Rangers (CoCoRaHS UT)
- Climate Conversions Find tools for temperature, humidity, wind speed and other climate conversions.
- Freeze Dates, & Water Years